Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Share | 

Hello all!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JWCummins3

PostSubject: Hello all!   Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:22 pm

I'm John, and I became a vegan about 35 days ago, after doing the fish/dairy/eggs-only for about 3 months. For the last year I've been working in a Veterans Admin hospital in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and I've seen first-hand the tragedies bad diets and bad choices bring (diabetes, etc.). Also, I've always been into lifting and working out, and since I'm still in the military (Iraq and Afghan vet) this is as much part of the job as a lifestyle choice.
I look forward to hearing more about the vegan - bodybuilding connection. Since I've gone vegan I've dropped 16 pounds, but have actually GOT STRONGER! Don't know if it's as much vegan as working a few times a week with the TRX system - basically cargo straps where you end up balancing and doing a lot of core - but I'm interested in hearing other views on this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello all!   Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:33 am

Hi John,
it's great to hear about the military folks getting involved in the vegan lifestyle. I've actually helped a few guys prepare for military when they've needed to hit minimum requirements for the service they've entered (not too many, just a few).
TRX is a pretty good tool for those who can't have a load of iron about, & to be honest it is good even if you have iron about as it works the body differently to other lifting methods.
One thing to watch is that you are eating enough calories as a vegan diet can be less calorie dense than an animal based diet, so make sure you don't start losing too much.
The health benefits are becoming pretty well known as more people move towards it. It's not all great as more & more junk foods are becoming 'veganised', so you could eat a load of junk & still be vegan, but with a little thought it's a great way to achieve & maintain maximum health.
I look forward to hearing some bits about your training & how you manage your diet in a military setting on the board, great to have you onboard!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://veganbodybuilding.userboard.net

Hello all!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: