Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Share | 

Hello from Oakland, CA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raqui Talkie

PostSubject: Hello from Oakland, CA   Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:38 am

Hi everyone! Just joined up. I'm relatively new to veganism... I've tried it a couple times and have had a hard time in the past, but I am dedicated to succeeding. I look at it almost as if I am kicking an addiction--- habits formed by years of believing it was okay to eat meat because it was "the norm." I have gone at this with renewed resolve and I take it very seriously.

I'm here at the vegan bodybuilding forum because I recently signed up to do "Tough Mudder"--- a kind of ropes-course marathon that's pretty physically demanding, and I want to build up my strength and muscle mass healthfully and veganly!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oakland, CA   Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:39 am

Hello. Welcome to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oakland, CA   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:13 am

Happy to have you onboard!
I just checked out the Tough mudder training guide. In my view a pretty dated piece of training ideas slung together. You get no dynamic mobility to start up, no foam rolling & the training seems a bit 20th century from that page.
I'd go for an all-round strength development first for a bit (with some general cardio stuff), then figure out a few moves that will strengthen the areas you need for the contest. They seem to want to kind of mimic the moves, which isn't the best course.
For example you'd get better core work doing a plank progression, include some shoulder bridge progressions, roll-outs etc. Strengthen the lower back with some deadlifts (bent knee, Romanian, one leg, whatever), add in some asymmetrical lifts (like 1 arm press, suitcase lift etc) & you'd get really good core stability built that will cover several of the possible events that need a strong core.
You could (I suspect) modify all the exercise suggestions to get better results than you'd expect using the exercises they suggest.
But good luck with the contest & let us know how you get on!Maybe you'd consider starting a training log on here, so we can see what you're doing & how you put together your training program.
Also have you got any dietary protocols in place?
Speak to you later! & looking forward to updates
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://veganbodybuilding.userboard.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oakland, CA   

Back to top Go down

Hello from Oakland, CA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1