Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Share | 

How can I find an egg farm that treats hens humanely and is organic and free range so I can visit and buy eggs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
piyush123

PostSubject: How can I find an egg farm that treats hens humanely and is organic and free range so I can visit and buy eggs?    Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:01 am

It should be in Toledo Ohio area or Lower Peninsula of Michigan area. Do you know of a certifying organization which is legitimate and could direct me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Court

PostSubject: Re: How can I find an egg farm that treats hens humanely and is organic and free range so I can visit and buy eggs?    Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:16 am

Vegans don't eat eggs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.activatenaturalmedicine.com
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How can I find an egg farm that treats hens humanely and is organic and free range so I can visit and buy eggs?    Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:12 am

It would be a lot easier to just not eat eggs than to find such a place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grayfox

PostSubject: Re: How can I find an egg farm that treats hens humanely and is organic and free range so I can visit and buy eggs?    Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:56 pm

It's difficult for those of us who are taking the slow road to being vegan, even if we're already vegetarian. I'm not vegan yet, but I'm doing better.
For example, I've given up cow's milk. I'm not a baby cow, so I don't need cow's milk .* Almond milk tastes better anyway.

However, I still cook with cheese--a lot less than I used to, but it's hard to give up. I'm trying to develop a fondness for nutritional yeast, which almost tastes like cheese.

And I still eat eggs. But at least this is a dietary issue rather than one of animal mistreatment. I have a neighbor who loves his chickens as if they were pets. His chickens live better than some people I know. They have plenty of room to run and play and scratch for bugs. His pets lay eggs, I give the neighbor money for these, and he uses the money to buy nearly-organic chicken feed, and his pets lay more eggs.
Nevertheless, I do appreciate that there are health issues connected with eating eggs no matter how well the chickens are treated, and gradually I will have to come to terms with these.

Court

PostSubject: Re: How can I find an egg farm that treats hens humanely and is organic and free range so I can visit and buy eggs?    Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.activatenaturalmedicine.com
Grayfox

PostSubject: Re: How can I find an egg farm that treats hens humanely and is organic and free range so I can visit and buy eggs?    Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:56 am

You're right, Court, milk is seductive, and we've all been preached to by the dairy industry who have told us that we need milk. The fact is, we don't, and it isn't good for us.

I didn't have any trouble giving up milk, particularly when I heard a bone doctor say that taking in calcium from milk actually weakens bones, not strengthens them.

But as I mentioned, I haven't given up cheese yet...got a ways to go still.

In the article you posted Dr. Weeks was not in favor of milk. I Agree.

But he also pointed out some drawbacks of flour. This I have a problem with since I make all of the bread we eat. Of course my bread isn't like American Factory Bread, mine includes a lot of whole wheat, wheat germ, bran and flax seed. I read quite a bit on the subject of bread making, and experiment with many different types and shapes of bread.
I'll make a point of looking up more of Dr. Weeks' thoughts on the subject, but for the moment I will continue bread making.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How can I find an egg farm that treats hens humanely and is organic and free range so I can visit and buy eggs?    Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:45 pm

talking of eggs - there is now the vegg! I've not seen it/them yet, but it's a real product (unlike the April fools joke a few years ago. Check out their site here

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://veganbodybuilding.userboard.net
Grayfox

PostSubject: Re: How can I find an egg farm that treats hens humanely and is organic and free range so I can visit and buy eggs?    Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:39 am

"THE VEGG" ?

Layed by VEGICKENS ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How can I find an egg farm that treats hens humanely and is organic and free range so I can visit and buy eggs?    Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:16 am

I really want some vegg, just once probably, just for the giggles, not really that fab a food choice probably, but for a cheat meal. I wonder what I'd make with it (see I haven't even thought what I'd make with it)?
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How can I find an egg farm that treats hens humanely and is organic and free range so I can visit and buy eggs?    Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:12 am

Here's the nutritional breakdown of the vegg Vs egg. Note the egg (on the left) has transfats, while the vegg (right has none), they pretty much match up in macros & the vegg only loses on vit D (buy some vitashine or get out in the sunshine) & omega 3 fats (eat your flax, walnuts or hemp , or take a DHA/EPA pill from an algae source of course). I still want to try it, but not out in the UK yet, I need a nice US type to go buy me some vegg Very Happy
Here's the comparison .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can I find an egg farm that treats hens humanely and is organic and free range so I can visit and buy eggs?    

Back to top Go down

How can I find an egg farm that treats hens humanely and is organic and free range so I can visit and buy eggs?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1