Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Share | 

Slouching between sets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin

PostSubject: Slouching between sets   Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:38 am

I was reading a bit by Stuart McGill (the back guy) & he has done research that shows that sitting slouched between sets (like sitting down on a bench without keeping the back in a neutral posture) actually weakens the back muscles for several minutes after you straighten the back. So, in effect you're making yourself weaker between sets if you sit slouched.
If you consider the time you're sitting slouched at other times as well, like in front of the TV or computer...how much is that holding back your back development? ...& of course the back indirectly has to work in most exercises, so how much are you losing by not thinking about your posture the 23 hours a day you're not training & between sets Exclamation Question Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://veganbodybuilding.userboard.net
Grayfox

PostSubject: Re: Slouching between sets   Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:02 am

Here's a piece of advice given to me by a fashion model.
Standing straight and tall, sitting with her back straight, never slumping, is critical in her profession, she explained.
She said that she imagines herself to be a marionette, a string-puppet, whose main supporting string is attached high on her chest, nearly at the clavicle level. When she stands or walks she imagines that string pulling her up and forward; that keeps her balanced and puts a bounce in her step.

I have usually avoided trouble in my life by not listening to things told to me by fashion models, but in this case the lady was right. I started using her technique several years ago and it works, even in the gym.

Last edited by Grayfox on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor typo)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Slouching between sets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1