Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Share | 

cigarette smoking [subject title changed from "The crucial step" by mods]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rocco

PostSubject: cigarette smoking [subject title changed from "The crucial step" by mods]   Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:38 pm

The Methods to quit smoking that in recovering from nicotine addiction is to, break the wall of denial. Everything in this world have both positives and negatives. It’s the habit of people of these days, to take things in the negative sense even in the first hearing. Nothing works out, until we take things in the right way.

We should start seeing, cigarette as a killers rather than seeing it as a friend. Tobacco offers us a life of slavery, and we the fools are paying and paying a lot for the growth of that industrial sector. We are human beings with sharp brains, why can’t we think seriously of wasting our money and health for such an unwanted process.

If you are a smoker who wish to quit, make your mind, dig up to heals that is necessary to hate the great negative factor of our life, that’s carving out us, even without our knowledge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete
Admin

PostSubject: Re: cigarette smoking [subject title changed from "The crucial step" by mods]   Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:21 am

I'm not sure if the above was just plain spam or not, I've given them the benefit of the doubt as smoking is an interesting subject to us right now.
Apparently an unadvertised additive to many cigarettes is pigs blood!
Here's the article & for those who don't want to click I'll post it below
As a side note I'm an ex-smoker myself, giving up it tricky for 2-4 weeks, then it gets easier.

Quote :
Cigarettes may contain pigs blood

* March 30, 2010 3:21PM

CIGARETTES may contain traces of pig's blood, an Australian academic says with a warning that religious groups could find its undisclosed presence "very offensive".

University of Sydney Professor Simon Chapman points to recent Dutch research which identified 185 different industrial uses of a pig - including the use of its haemoglobin in cigarette filters.

Prof Chapman said the research offered an insight into the otherwise secretive world of cigarette manufacture, and it was likely to raise concerns for devout Muslims and Jews.

Religious texts at the core of both of these faiths specifically ban the consumption of pork.

"I think that there would be some particularly devout groups who would find the idea that there were pig products in cigarettes to be very offensive," Prof Chapman said today.

"The Jewish community certainly takes these matters extremely seriously and the Islamic community certainly do as well, as would many vegetarians.
"It just puts into hard relief the problem that the tobacco industry is not required to declare the ingredients of cigarettes ... they say 'that's our business' and a trade secret."

The Dutch research found pig haemoglobin - a blood protein - was being used to make cigarette filters more effective at trapping harmful chemicals before they could enter a smoker's lungs.

Prof Chapman said while tobacco companies had moved voluntarily list the contents of their products on their websites, they also noted undisclosed "processing aids ... that are not significantly present in, and do not functionally affect, the finished product".

This catch-all term hid from public view an array of chemicals and other substances used in the making of tobacco products, he said.

At least one cigarette brand sold in Greece was confirmed as using pig haemoglobin in its processes, Prof Chapman said, and the status of smokes sold was unknown.

"If you're a smoker and you're of Islamic or Jewish faith then you'd probably would want to know and there is no way of finding out," Prof Chapman said.

The Sydney office of British American Tobacco Australia was contacted by AAP.

A spokeswoman said a comment would be provided although it was not immediately available.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://veganbodybuilding.userboard.net
Grayfox

PostSubject: Re: cigarette smoking [subject title changed from "The crucial step" by mods]   Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:00 pm

Trust me...
If I could quit smoking ANYBODY can.

In retrospect:
--I used to light a cigarette every fifteen minutes day and night.
--I remember waking up in the night and sorting through the ash trays for a smokable butt.
--Every year I burned the price of a trip to Europe.
--Probably I will die a few years sooner because I couldn't say No to the cigarette companies.
--I was very inventive in making excuses for why I couldn't give up cigarettes.
--What really surprised me was how easy it was to quit once I'd make up my mind to actually do it... the decision had to do with body building.

I lite my last cigarette nearly thirty years ago.

I'll never light another.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete
Admin

PostSubject: Re: cigarette smoking [subject title changed from "The crucial step" by mods]   Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:17 am

You reminded me of when I was young & smoked I remember sorting out butts for re-use. How bad is that! Talk about addiction No

As you say "Never again!"

[Right back to the essays-got to write a piece about a male thrower just out of rotator cuff rehab who wants to throw again as soon as possible - time for some research I think!]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://veganbodybuilding.userboard.net
PhysCultureFan

PostSubject: Re: cigarette smoking [subject title changed from "The crucial step" by mods]   Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:22 am

They have these new "Vapor Smoke" cigarettes, what's up with that??

Laughing

Probably a few brands are out there, here is one website, http://www.aquavapor.com/ , so I'm not trying to plug one brand, it just came up googling for it. Not sure what it's about, http://www.aquavapor.com/gallery/General/How_It_Works_Small.JPG

I've had the smoking monkey on my back, don't do it anymore. I took a holiday to the beach to go cold turkey once, by the third day, I'd walk down the street and just think "cigarette, need a nicotine fix."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cigarette smoking [subject title changed from "The crucial step" by mods]   

Back to top Go down

cigarette smoking [subject title changed from "The crucial step" by mods]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1