Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Share | 

The Yasai-Zoku, the Soshokukei Danshi & now … Vegansexuals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin

PostSubject: The Yasai-Zoku, the Soshokukei Danshi & now … Vegansexuals   Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:09 am

I hadn't come across this before. I know a lot of vegans & none of them fit this description they mention. Most of the guys I know are just ordinary blokes (OK if they've been on demos & certainly have opinions on stuff like animal cruelty etc that the average guy won't). I actually know many more people who fit that description who eat meat (but then I do live in Brighton!). OK a few of the vegan guys I know might well have sex with a sex toy, but that wouldn't be in place of a real person, it'd probably be as well as if I know them!
It seems that either vegans in Japan are VERY different to us in the UK as a rule (I don't think there would be concerns by the authorities about an animal liberation movement populated by people described in this article) or the article is one of those articles put out by as propaganda to sway males away from a vegan diet by some marketing company (my guess would be the marketing ploy myself). I'd be annoyed if I was a Japanese vegan for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://veganbodybuilding.userboard.net
NiYan

PostSubject: Re: The Yasai-Zoku, the Soshokukei Danshi & now … Vegansexuals   Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:16 pm

I can see pretty much where they are coming from, but really depends on the individual: either they are really not interested in having sex (asexual, without toys - they do exist) or just thinking of tasting/smelling meat from kissing the other partner?

I personally will go on the 'err' side on the last, since after a week of hols from working at the bagels store (which sells tuna sandwich and chicken and ham) and 2 weeks being a vegetarian... (landed myself the worst case of diarrhea when I ate a meal of fish when I attempted a transition, so I just gave up the whole meat thing entirely)
To be thrown back to the kitchen and make tuna and chicken salad... raw smell wafting omg... I was practically dry-heaving and the sound of grilling bacon? It used to sound sizzling good now sounds like crying babies - I quit in a week. Maybe my reaction is quite big and can be considered close minded but I rather stick to eating with meat-eaters which only lasts an hour or two instead of smelling the thing day in and out.

Or maybe we're asians, our senses (and imagination) might be just a little trigger happy.

That's a food for thought, hmmm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://niyan.co.nr
Pete
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Yasai-Zoku, the Soshokukei Danshi & now … Vegansexuals   Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:14 am

I must admit I've not snogged a non-vegan in...gosh a very long time. The last time was when I was drunk & single (the sudden singleness creating the need to get drunk as I normally don't drink!), but yea, many, many years. I'm not sure I could live with a non-vegan, I'd certainly find it pretty hard having non-vegan stuff in the house (as in I wouldn't have it there!). Luckily for those vegans living in my town (the snowy town of Brighton - well today it's snowy) we have a load of vegans in town, so it's not so hard actually meeting other vegans if you need to find a partner (although my friend Maz did have to import his partner from Basingstoke), so the issues doesn't really come up so much.
I can't imagine how hard it must have been working at a place cooking meat & fish all day (that would put you off eating I expect!).

The thing that is annoying about that article is actually most of the vegan guys I know simply aren't like that, it's jut such an obvious ploy to try & convince guys they are going to go feminine, because somehow meat 'makes you male' - it's almost laughable to think they believe people will believe it....until you see often people DO believe any old rubbish as long as it's in a newspaper, on the internet, or on TV.
One of the reasons I first set up the Vegan Bodybuilding website was because I wanted to change the stereotype that the media had put up that all vegan males were frail, pale blokes with no muscle mass. So far we've done well in both the UK & US, with many of the worlds top trainers now coming out with plant based options (quite a few have gone vegan for a month as well - which I suppose is something considering a few years ago the thought of any strength athlete training without meat would be laughed at by just about every trainer & coach). So, the doorway is slowly opening for strength athletes who want to train without meat (all these new protein powders help a bit too as it's so simple to design a training & recovery program with different post workout shakes, snacks with higher protein contents etc). We just need to spread the message to the rest of the world now & show it's totally easy to get everything you need to get any size or stregth you like purely on plant foods!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://veganbodybuilding.userboard.net
NiYan

PostSubject: Re: The Yasai-Zoku, the Soshokukei Danshi & now … Vegansexuals   Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:02 pm

I mean, come on - the amount of cholesterol in lean meat (regardless red or white) in comparison with eating legumes and lentils? (of course if people laced it with tons of coconut milk and oil kinda defeats the point)

Boy did I ever mention how tough it is to find organic cotton and / or hemp clothing? few to none and if I do find any, cough out some cash for poor quality stuff - on the err side.
Though leather stuff? I can avoid those but to stop my family, ngeh gotta live with it.

Regarding the media, it is quite true - especially when they are advertising. Once I read an article about a product containing mainly rice bran - claiming 2 scoops of it gives you 5 servings of healthy vegetable nutrients...
Read the idiotic label a few times (only rice bran, nothing else), this is a lying ad...
Boy, how disgruntled my aunt look when I told her that she is wasting money on that, only good it does is add more fiber to your diet and improve digestion, that's it. Pfft!

I dare say those who has not done extensive research on vegan diet (just to see what we're getting into and how we could proceed), definitely fall prey to this. With their eyes open and well aware.

Ah commercial life....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://niyan.co.nr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Yasai-Zoku, the Soshokukei Danshi & now … Vegansexuals   

Back to top Go down

The Yasai-Zoku, the Soshokukei Danshi & now … Vegansexuals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum :: Off Topic-
Jump to: