Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Share | 

Easy way to keep training records on the computer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin

PostSubject: Easy way to keep training records on the computer   Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:15 am

Is there an easy way to keep track of my lifts on the computer. I'd like to keep records of lifts, but also to easily find the highest weight lifted & possibly the highest for a certain rep range. I might want to also find the best strength to weight ratio (but that would be an optional bonus really). I do keep paper records, but I'm assuming there's going to be a better way to do it by computer, if so do you know it?
The usual details I put in are:

Date of workout
warm-up
exercises
reps each exercise
amount in Kg for each exercise
whether I feel I should go up in weight or reps, stay same or back off next session (& recommended amount should be)
Quick note about how the exercise went that session & any important detail
At the end I like to put a conclusion that notes how I'm feeling, how I think this routine is working, whether there are any issues I'm dealing with (stress, illness, etc).

I occasionally add in bodyweight just to keep track of it, but again that would be a bonus. Other factors I track weekly or monthly are: AM blood pressure & pulse rate

Oh yea, I also have a cardio type routine I have as well, that includes:

Date of workout
warm-up
exercises
time
average pulse rate
max pulse rate
minimum pulse rate
calories burnt (I know it's not an accurate guide to how many calories are burnt, but it does give me a goal to beat next time)
whether I feel I should go work harder, stay same or back off next session (& recommended amount should be)
Quick note about how the exercise went that session & any important detail
At the end I like to put a conclusion that notes how I'm feeling, how I think this routine is working, whether there are any issues I'm dealing with (stress, illness, etc).

Would it make more sense to have a separate cardio & weight one - one problem being in that I occasional use a sandbag (& next year probably kettlebells to do metabolic style cardio sessions, which wouldn't fit neatly into either as you'd have weight, reps & time, heat rate...AHHH I need help for you more computer literate types to sort me out a solution if I'm going to go digital with all this.

If you have an easy solution then that would be amazing as I've got no idea what the best way to do this is? It would have to be searchable for highest weight in an exercise, highest weight in an exercise at a certain rep range as a minimum. If other searches where available then that would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://veganbodybuilding.userboard.net

Easy way to keep training records on the computer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1